K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple, Susan.
As we have no camera at the moment (new one ordered today so hopefully it wont be long before I can take pictures again) any card I want to add to my blog must scan successfully. A lot of my cards have something on them which is raised by foam pads so the scanner lid doesn't close properly over them and lets in too much light to get a good scan. So I thought what can I make that will produce a decent scan picture?
So back to basics came to mind and I thought back to what my cards were like when I first started card making - fairly plain and simple, and flat! Styles have progressed, and I'm catching up, but I wanted to make something without embellishments, flowers or anything 3D which would prevent the card being scanned. I also wanted to use coloured card stock, of which I have absolutely loads (mainly pearlescent) but rarely use at the moment as I seem to be using a lot of pretty papers. Then again, I also wanted to include something up to date so I used my Cuttlebug and Nesties too.
This is what I came up with:
Unusually for me at the moment this is an A6 size card (from a pack of pre-scored cards and envelopes bought from one of the shopping channels a few years ago). I've embossed the top part with the Cuttlebug Daisy Pattern and scored two lines underneath, and the bottom part is Swiss Dots with two score lines above. Between the score lines is some spotty ribbon. The little cat was stamped with Stazon on some plain white card and matted onto some dark purple thin mirri card. I have some foam pads that are only 1mm depth so the oval is barely raised. The scanner lid didn't quite go back down flat but it seems to have scanned well enough.
I managed to achieve what I set out to do - make something basic and simple with a bit of an up to date twist and I'm quite happy with the result.