Monday, July 19, 2010

Snuggled in a sunflower

Here we have .......... another rubbish photo from Susan. I'm really trying (as my OH would say) but I'll have to admit defeat, I just can't take a decent photo. I tried this one with a white background instead of my usual black but it's no better. Oh well, you get the general idea.

This gorgeous House Mouse has found himself a lovely sunflower to snuggle into and seems to be happily dreaming away, probably of cheese!

I debossed the green panel, mainly because last time I embossed pearlescent card it split the pearlescent layer and I ended up sanding it. This design didn't lend itself to sanding and I'm actually quite pleased with the way it looks.



I've followed Heidi's sketch at Moving Along With The Times:







and here's my interpretation:


Recipe:
DP is from K & Co's Daisy pad
Green pearlescent card from stash, Cuttlebug embossed with Jules Jewells folder
Image is House Mouse and coloured with Promarkers
Yellow and green pearlescent card for mats from stash
Ribbon from stash
Card Candy from Craftwork Cards and coloured with Promarkers

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Moving Along With The Times #55 Sketch and Animals
Stamp Scrap Doodle Animals

16 comments:

Brenda Brown said...

Oooh just love this card with those beautiful colours together. Your debossed paper fits in beautifully and that image is fab, great colouring. Thankyou for sharing your lovely work with us at MAWTT and entering our challenge.
Luv Brenda xxx

Uma said...

lovely, like the embossing

theboelemas@aol.com said...

Gorgeous card. Love the colours you've used and the de-bossing works really well. x

Sarah said...

This is gorgeous, I love the image and the colours you've used xxx

Highland Handmade said...

what a beautiful image, and a beautiful card to put it on! x

dragonllew said...

Gorgeous card that image is fab and your debossing looks great.

Choccy said...

Ooh what a great idea to try on pearlesant card ! Such a great image. Love the colours too
xx

Lisa Jane said...

Like brenda ,i absolutely love the colours and that sunflower is gorgeous
Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week
Lisa ;)

Unknown said...

what a great colour combo, great card x i must try the de-embossing x

Hazel (Didos) said...

WOW your colours are great, I love the debossing too. Thanks for taking part in the MAWTT challenge this week Hazelxoxo

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

fab colours and that image is adorable
Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week!
Good Luck
hugs shell xx

The Crafty Goat Girl said...

Hi Susan, I just love your card, my favourite flowers are sunflowers and the image you have used is just beautiful!

Thanks for joining us over at MAWTT weekly challenge this week, hugs Heidi xx

Jennie - The Crafty Wife said...

Lovely colours on your card and that looks like one comfy mousie.

Fuzzy Slippers said...

I adore House Mouse images!! What a great job you did with this card. Thanks so much for playing with us at SSDS this week! :)

Angie - Bumble Bee's Craft Den said...

Lovely card - what a cute little image

Ali said...

Oh another cutie xx