Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Follow the leader!

I obviously wasn't concentrating the other day when I started to make this card. Thinking I'd made a pretty good job of positioning and layering everything up, I was quite happy with the result. That is until I tried to open it! Oops ........ I'd turned my card 90 degrees without realising so that the bottom part was towards the crease. No worries - rescue it by chopping the front off and layering it on another card blank. But the weather's been lovely and the garden called so my card laid abandoned for a few days. Today it hit me - turn it into an easel card! I haven't done one of those for a while so this is how it turned out:












I started with one of the lovely ribbons from QVC which determined the colours. The two papers are from the Daisy pad by K & Co. Green glitter card, flowers and green gems from stash, Core'dinations Whitewash card run through the Cuttlebug with Swiss Dots folder and a cute digi image (which I've forgotten, again, where it came from!)

8 comments:

Highland Handmade said...

Wow well rescued and it looks so good!! Love that image, I printed some earlier so will be hoping to make some tomorrow!! Beautiful card xx

Debbie (Little Gingham Bear) said...

Lovely card - looks great as an easel even if it was by accident lol!
xx

Anonymous said...

Good save - lovely colours and I love the image. Hugs Annexxx

theboelemas@aol.com said...

Fab card. I love the colours you have used. I printed off the image earlier today - it's gorgeous. x

leia said...

Gorgeous card and it looks great as an easel card - well rescued! x

Sarah said...

Wow that is stunning, how clever to think to make an easel card, it's gorgeous, love that image xxx

Gem said...

fabulous easel card, great to hear you managed to rescue it! :) xx

Ali said...

What a lovely card - the image is so cute x